Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ang Aking Anghel







        Title of the Book : Ang Aking Anghel ( My Angel )
        Author : Segundo D. Matias, Jr.
        Illustrator : Kora Dandan-Albano
        Year of Publication : 2011
        Publisher : Lampara Books



           A Children's story book about a woman who began to have an incomprehensible feeling-- a feeling of restlessness, constant fatigue, sleepiness and heaving until the stomach hurts. Then she finds out that she's carrying a child in her womb. And when she knew that she's pregnant, she did all the things that will help the baby become healthy as the baby stays in her womb to prevent miscarriage. And she gave birth to her first daughter.

She may have been into so much pain for the past nine months because of her newly born daughter but that doesn't affect her love for the child. As she carry her baby into her arms, she felt happy and all her pain suddenly disappeared.

Her mother did all the things so that she can raise her daughter properly. She sends her to a good school, so that she can have a good work.Until the day her daughter had her own family.



          This story really amazed me, because after I've read it I appreciate more my mom for raising me properly just like what the mother did in the book. The characters in the storyshow how a perfect family could be as they face all the challenges in their life. The pictures in the book tell about how much they care for their family. It is well illustrated so the readers may understand the story even without the words. You can see the love and care they give to each other. What I liked about the book is, it points out all the sacrifices that every mother goes through just for us to have a good life and it reminds all the children that mothers need to be loved and respected.  
           Mothers are best and they only want the best for usChildren should realize the sacrifices of their mothers. Time will come when they will leave you to have your own family, too. This book will remind the youth to be good mothers to their children, too.
         I highly recommend this book to all the people who love to read. If you read this book, I'm sure you'll be touched just like me. There is no greater blessing than a mother's love. So.. read it! So you'll know what I'm talking about. 

---

I'm Alexis Racel V. Soriano, 17 years old, graduated highschool in St. James College of Quezon City. Currently studying in Miriam College with the course of Child Development and Education. Actually I'm not that person that reads all the time but when I do, I make sure that the book I'm reading is a good one or the one I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment