Tuesday 9 October 2012




Lilay
Author: Becky Bravo
Year of publication: 2012
Publisher: Lampara Publishing Inc.









The book that I choose to review Lilay, story by Becky Bravo and Rommel Joson for illustrations. The gist of this book is about Barrio Matubig. One day they just woke up and their water were all gone. As the days, goes by they became very thirsty and smelly. They were all losing hope but one girl saw what happened.  In The book, the most memorable part for me is when Lilay flew in the back of the wind to go where the waters went. How could you imagine a little girl flying at the back of the wind with two banana leaves in her back? She dared to do it for the sake of the other people. Only few people can do this because as for now many people were too careless to do great things for other people. Careless As for the illustrations of the book, I like it because it really shows what was happening in the story. You can understand the story even without reading the book. You can tell what was happening in the story. In addition, the illustration was clear. I think there is no part of the book that needs execution, because they did it very well and I can tell that it shows the values, story, and the meaning of the story clearly. The book tells that we should conserve natural resources. They are finite; all of these things will be gone one day. Therefore, we need to conserve and use it properly. We also need to protect it because we are the one who will suffer if we do not protect it. I would gladly recommend this book for the children and children at heart, because it has a great lesson on taking care of our nature. That also because they will saw the braveness, courage and boldness of a little girl just to save her town. In the rate of 1- 10, I will give 10 because it has everything to entertain, give lesson and values for the kids.

Blogger: Alliana Peñamora Ambon- I'm a crazy but serious person. I love reading books, i'm a book worm. I collect books, especially mythology and ghost story books. I love to write stories about horror. i'm 17 years old. Studying at Miriam College. !st year BsCDE student. 

No comments:

Post a Comment